Monday, May 10, 2010

It's snowing in Seattle

Nov 26, 2007: 2 pm

My wish came true. I was cuddled inside the comforter, senses begging to be let loose by the atrocities of this ever wandering mind.....my desire was to sleep, take a quick nap....when it all began. My roommate came rushing inside the room and shouted - "It's snowing outside!! come and see". I lifted the blinds of the window and there it was...small white cotton being shredded by mother nature, it was actually snowing! You might ask what the big deal? But it was an important thing for me. Perhaps the happiness was more brightened because of it being a surprise. I had been wining for quite some days to Sandeep that I wanted to witness actual snow falling..."I've never seen snow...I've never been in a snowfall". So it was really nice to get this so unexpected.

We ran to the roof, those soft cotton balls started entwining in our hair-locks. It was beautiful. It was a very very light snow, but still I couldn't withhold all smiles and gasping. It was actually happening. A day that I want to remember...more like I want to register...for its one more memory I'll cherish for the rest of my life...one more dream, one more wish coming true. And it reminds me that wishes do come true...sometimes it's these sweet surprises, at other times we have to struggle...make them happen:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment